On The Bit Meeting – September 2016

The September meeting was held at Altitude Chophouse on September 6, 2016 at 7:00.  In attendance were Jessica F.,  Tammy, Stephanie,  Connie, Ginka, Kelly, and Tom.  At 7:30 the meeting was called to order.

We discussed sweatshirt and t-shirt orders.  Orders will be placed September 9th.

Jessica read the August minutes.  Kelly moved to accept the minutes, and Ginka seconded the motion.  Motion passed. Tammy provided the Treasurer’s report.  We currently have a balance of $4,587.44.  Stephanie moved to approve the Treasurer’s report and Kelly seconded the motion.

Old Business

Clinic Ideas

Connie would like us to consider hosting a dressage camp for 4 days of lessons.  Each rider would commit to ride one lesson per day for the 4 days.  We discussed that maybe we try 3 days to gauge interest and work with people’s schedules.

Tammy moved we host a 3 day clinic.  Kelly 2nd the motion.  Jessica and Connie will pursue clinician cost and availability.

2017 Show

Stephanie emailed Heather Peterson to discuss costs associated with a recognized show.  Heather said she’d be happy to help us figure things out.  Due to her busy schedule, she will get back to us on a time when she’s available to talk.

Fundraising

Kentucky Derby Party

  • Stephanie emailed with people at Wyoming Downs about working with them for para mutual betting at the event.  They were going to work on a solution for us.

New Business

Officer Nominations/Elections

Officer nominations will be in October.  Elections will be at our November meeting.  We will look at electing chair people for a few key areas – like social media and the show.

RMDS Update

Stephanie provided an update on RMDS activities – meetings, agenda for the upcoming meeting on Sept. 8th, and interesting things other chapters are doing.

Post Office Box

Tammy proposed we get a post office box so the club address can remain consistent and is not tied to the current Treasurer’s home address.  Connie seconded the motion.  Tammy will get a post office box.

Next Meeting

Our next meeting is October 4th at 7:00.

Tammy moved to adjourn the meeting.  Kelly seconded.  Meeting adjourned at 8:50.

No Replies to "On The Bit Meeting - September 2016"


    Got something to say?

    Some html is OK