On The Bit Meeting – February 2016
The February meeting was held at Tom and Kelly Wolfe’s house on February 2, 2016 at 7:00. In attendance were Jessica F., Tammy, Kelly, JJ, Connie, Cinthy, and Stephanie. At 7:45 the meeting was called to order.
Friendly reminder that On The Bit meets the first Tuesday of every month. Mark it on your calendars so we have good attendance. As we move into summer and are planning clinics and shows, we need all our members’ input. Tammy read the January minutes. Kelly moved to accept the minutes, and Connie seconded the motion. Motion passed. Tammy provided the Treasurer’s report. We currently have a balance of $3,526.11. This amount includes dues for 19 members. The current member roster indicates 25 members, so we should receive the additional money from RMDS in mid-February.
- Jennifer would like to postpone the seminar until Tuesday February 16th at Premier Bone and Joint at 6:00
- Cost will be $30 per person (members and non-members. We will pay Jennifer $25/person.
- Program will be 2 ½ – 3 hours and will include a handout for note taking.
- Jessica will get Stephanie a flyer to put on the website, Facebook, and email.
- Please RSVP by Saturday, February 13th.
- Tom and Kelly will donate snacks and wine for the event
- Kelly moved to move the date and update the details as specified above. Tammy seconded. Motion passed.
Kristi Wysocki Clinic
- Stephanie will be committee chair and Jessica, Kelly, and Tammy will be on the committee.
- Location: If we are ok with Spur Ridge being open to boarders riding during our lesson, the total cost is likely $100 for the weekend. If not, it’s more like $300/day.
- Tammy will have Kristi stay with her, so we don’t have to pay board.
- We can do 8 rides/day
- Committee will meet to iron out the details and will report back.
August 6-7 is the Windy Wyoming horse trials. Jubilee Days is July 2-10. Albany County Fair is July 26-August 6. State Fair is August 13-20. June 25-26 looks like a good weekend. The RMDS schedule is fairly open (there’s an event in UT). We will tentatively book the Fairgrounds and discuss Spur Ridge’s availability with the owners. Jessica will be the chair of the show committee. If you’re interested in being on the committee, let us know.
Our next meeting is March 1st at Tom and Kelly Wolfe’s house. Jessica will bring the main dish so please plan to attend and bring a side dish or beverage to share.
Tammy moved to adjourn the meeting. Cinthy seconded. Meeting adjourned at 9:20.