On The Bit Meeting – May 2015
At 7:15 pm, May 5, 2015, President Jessica Ford called the meeting to order. In attendance was: Jessica Ford, Tammy Au-France, Kelly Wolfe, JJ Contois, Jessica Nape, Ginka Kubelka, Mary Lynne Munn, Mary Jung, Anna Chalfoun, Rachel Andreus, Connie Woodruff, Stephanie Gies, and Jamie.
Jessica read the minutes from the April meeting. Kelly moved to accept the minutes with the correction. Rachel seconded. The motion passed.
Tammy gave a Treasurer’s Report. We currently have $2,385.78 in our account. We have 37 members and paid $71 to RMDS for our show insurance.
- The show is listed in the Centaur
- We will prepare an blast for RMDS prior to the show
- Jessica Nape talked to us about advertising in the Laramie Boomerang. As a non-profit we can get a 30% discount on base black and white rates. We can also ask them to match or donate ads. The Boomerang offers news coverage and we can send a 2 paragraph press release to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the show. We can also get into the What’s Happening section.
- We changed the donations of $250 or more to a full page ad. We felt like it better represented the donation and gave those major sponsors more publicity.
- Ads for the program should be sent to Stephanie at email@example.com in a high resolution pdf. If you have questions about ad sizes, talk to Stephanie
- The Fair Board reduced our fee to $250 and only ask that we live the Fairgrounds in the same condition as we find it. Thank you Kelly for your presentation to the Board.
- We passed around a sign up sheet for set-up and clean-up crews. If you weren’t at the meeting and can help with either of these, let us know.
- Jessica Nape (who isn’t showing) and Anna Chalfoun will be scribes for the show. Jessica is flexible and will scribe when Anna is showing.
- We will have lots of day of the show jobs – if you don’t have a job yet, you will! Thank you to everyone who will help make our show successful
- Mary brought flyers for the Hampton Inn for 10% off if you present the flyer upon check in. If you’d like to stay at the Hampton, let us know so we can make arrangements for you to get a flyer prior to checkin.
- The Hilton Garden Inn has provided us with a block of rooms at a discount, as well as comping a room for the judge for 2 nights. The room rate is $109/night if you tell them you’re with On The Bit Dressage Club.
- Tammy and Anna both dressed in recognized show apparel. Tammy was in more traditional show attire with a longer coat and tall boots while Anna was in a bit more contemporary attire. She wore a shorter coat with bling buttons and half chaps.
- Half chaps are allowable even at a recognized show through First Level.
- You should wear a belt if your breeches have belt loops
- Jessica was dressed in schooling show apparel. She wore dark breeches and a polo shirt with half chaps. Any color breeches are acceptable and a shirt can be long sleeve or short, but must tuck into your breeches and cannot be sleeveless.
- Certified helmets must be worn at all times you are on horseback on the show grounds.
- Stephanie Soule (the Schooling Show judge) is staying Monday for a clinic. If you are interested in riding with her, we need to know by Wednesday, May 27th so we schedule rides. The clinic will be at Snowy Range Arena and the cost is $65/hour.
Kelly moved to adjourn the meeting. Stephanie seconded. Meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm. Next meeting is May 27th at 7:00 at the Cavalryman. This will be the last meeting before the show and we will try to get jobs assigned to everyone. Please plan to attend or send your job preferences ahead of time if you won’t be able to be there.